Virtual Birth & Postpartum Doula Support Services
Supportive. Focused. Individualized.
Unable to have a doula present with you or preferring to just be you and your partner?
Our virtual doula service allows you access to
the same quality of care that our in-person clients expect. Personalized and compassionate services can be just a text, phone call, or video
chat away during your labor, birth, and postpartum.
It's normal for pregnant people and/or their partner(s) to have feelings of excitement, anxiety, and unease, even those who have already had babies.
Our experienced team can guide you though it, asking questions, providing information, making suggestions, and helping you to discover what's
important to you.
Less stress, less worry, more confidence, & better outcomes
Our doula support takes a collaborative approach. We listen to your values, hopes, and needs. We work together to support you
in a way that you choose, so that you can have the most positive and empowered birth experience.
In the days, weeks, or months before you welcome a baby, the Harmony Doula Group is working to build a strong, connected relationship
of trust with you. Both at home during early labor and at the hospital, we join your birth care team whenever you need us.
Here's what you get with Virtual Doula Services:
Our Virtual Doula Package is intended for people delivering at home, birth center, or hospital who may want preparation and education for themselves and/or their partner about birth, their choices and options in a homebirth and/or hospital setting, comfort and relaxation methods, and an expert virtual birth doula team.
- Initial consultation to discuss your birth plans and how we can help
- Unlimited text, phone, and email support
- Access to our digital lending library of pregnancy, birth, postpartum, and parenting resources
- Welcome and encouraged attendance at our group classes virtually via Zoom: childbirth education classes with
relaxation/comfort measures, pelvic floor and bodywork exercises to prepare for birth, partner communication, and birth and postpartum
plan counseling, as well as as lactation and newborn
parenting education. Private one-on-one virtual classes can be added for an additional fee
- Handouts and videos on acupressure and other body balancing techniques
- Birth rehearsal session so you feel confident about the best way for you to utilize virtual support
- Suggestions for what you might want to have in your labor and postpartum Tool Kit, such as a TENS unit, rebozo, massage oils, peanut ball, etc.
Our "Doula in a Box" kit is available for purchase on Etsy.
Labor & Birth Support
- The Harmony Doula Team on-call 24/7 starting from 37 weeks
- Phone, text, and video chat support during active labor and the immediate postpartum, continuously or as needed by you when you have questions, concerns, or need tips and
- Open and respectful communication with your care team to ask clarifying questions or to advocate for you in whatever way you request
- We will have tutorials, videos, and images cued up and ready to go to help your partner, nurse, midwife, or doctor better understand
some of the techniques or positions we might suggest and why
- Support with initial feeding (breastfeeding or chestfeeding) and early bonding in the Golden Hour
- Check-ins on the first and third day postpartum
- Weekly check-ins from the first through sixth week to make sure you're off to a good start, to discuss and help process your birth experience,
to discuss any concerns or worries, and to offer support and guidence
- Welcome participation in our monthly Postpartum Support Group video chat (Every 1st Saturday from 9am-10am, RSVP required.)
- Families who want more intensive postpartum support are encouraged to consider virtual or in-person postpartum doula services
Investment: Sliding Scale $1500-3000
- Everyone deserves a doula. Read more about how our sliding scale works.