Encapsulation, Tinctures and Salves
Traditional Chinese Medicine Inspired-Placenta Encapsulation (Steamed) - FEE: $225
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has used the placenta as a powerful medicine for thousands of years. It is used to increase energy, nourish the blood, and increase the kidney essence. Dried placenta is used to bring the postpartum mother’s body back into balance, replenishing what was used during childbirth. My capsulation process, inspired by the TCM method of prepartion involves gently heating, then dehydrating the placenta before it is put into capsules. Using this prepartion is thought to bring out the placentas healing and tonifying properties, as well as warming and healing the uterus. Ginger can be added upon request.
Raw Placenta Encapsulation - FEE: $225
In this method of preparation, the raw placenta is cleaned and dehydrated without steaming. Placenta that is dehydrated raw is very different then the TCM preparation. Raw placenta is extremely high in hormones such as progesterone and oxytocin, some of which may be lost when the placenta is steamed. Women may experience a burst of wakefulness and energy with this preparation.
Half and Half - FEE: $250
Half of the capsules will be steam prepared. The other half will be raw preparation.
**All encapsulations include pick-up (within a 60 miles), placenta keepsakes (such as prints and/or cord ornament) when possible, and informational packet on suggested use and storage.
Other Processing Options:
Placenta Tincture - FEE: $25 per 2oz bottle (when added to encapsulation services); Inquire about pricing if pick up and delivery are necessary for non-encapsulation clients.
Tincture preparation extends the longevity of a placenta's benefits. The placenta is preserved in a concentrated extract, using alcohol. This method requires only a very small portion of the placenta. Some of the benefits include hormone stabilization in your postpartum cycles, less bleeding during those cycles, and increased energy. It can also be saved, if stored properly for use during menopause.
Placental Salve - FEE: $40 per 4oz jar (when added to encapsulation services); Inquire about pricing if pick up and delivery are necessary for non-encapsulation clients.
This preparation utilizes a small portion of your placenta in a salve (balm) combined with a variety of healing herbs and oils. The salve helps moisturize and soothe cracked or dry nipples, eczema, hemmorhoids, diaper rashes, perineal tears and c-section scars (allow scar to heal before applying salve) to name just a few.
- Within 60-miles of Mountain House, CA: $30
- For deliveries farther than 60 miles: Rates for pick-up and delivery individually calculated
- Valley Care (Pleasanton)
- John Muir (Walnut Creek)
- Kaiser (San Leandro, Walnut Creek, Oakland, Antioch, Modesto)
- Sutter Memorial / Sutter Delta (Tracy, Antioch)
- Doctors Medical Center (Manteca, Modesto)
- Eden Medical Center (Castro Valley)
- Mt. Rose (Hayward)
- Washington (Fremont)
- San Ramon Regional (San Ramon)
- Memorial Medical Center (Modesto)
- San Joaquin General (French Camp)
- Modesto Natural Birth Center
- Pacifica Family Maternity Center (Oakland)
- Bay Area Midwifery Birth Center (Oakland)
- San Francisco East Bay (Oakland, Alameda, Fremont, Hayward, San Leandro, Castro Valley)
- Tri-Valley (Livermore, Dublin, Pleasanton, San Ramon, Daville, Alamo)
- Diablo Valley (Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Orinda, Moraga, Concord)
- Delta Valley (Pittsburg, Antioch, Brentwood, Oakley, Byron, Mountain House, Discovery Bay)
- Northern San Joaquin County (Tracy, Lathrop, Manteca, Ripon, French Camp)